Strange rattle coming from 1988 SBSC 1500 with 350tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JODiE_DLN

Reaction score
Hey guys first real post on the forum, mostly been lurking but information provided here is always top notch, just having a weird issue with my truck currently. I keep hearing a real strange rattle noise coming from engine bay and can be heard in cab, I have attached video of in cab as well as a picture with circled area its loudest from in Engine bay. Any help appreciated before I take it to a shop.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You must be registered for see images attach

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
The volume is kind of low but it might be the crankshaft rattling due to worn bearings.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Make sure that exhaust manifold heat shield is tight. When they loosen up they rattle pretty bad and drive you nuts. Also try to wiggle things around to see if anything external is loose.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
could it be a bad converter with the noise transferring up the pipe? Mine did that I found it by banging around with a rubber mallet. Noisy at idle but when away with just a touch of throttle.

JODiE_DLN

Reaction score
Make sure that exhaust manifold heat shield is tight. When they loosen up they rattle pretty bad and drive you nuts. Also try to wiggle things around to see if anything external is loose.
I will check this one I thought it could possibly be this, cheers for that.

JODiE_DLN

Reaction score
could it be a bad converter with the noise transferring up the pipe? Mine did that I found it by banging around with a rubber mallet. Noisy at idle but when away with just a touch of throttle.
I'll also look into this, I haven't noticed it disappearing under throttle as I can pretty much hear it the whole time, sometimes it does disappear for a short bit but ends up coming back. I'll have a poke around and see what I can fine, It's just good to get opinions and possible places to look from guys like you so I know where to look hahaha cheers!