Stock torsion bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I do not know much about suspension but my '93 nosedives and I hate it. How well does an obs ride with cranked torsion bars? Good, bad, or can't tell a difference?

mtl111

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine are cranked up about 2" , my ride is fine, still smooth, the only difference I notice is if there's a pretty good dip in the road and I hit it at speed the front will rebound a little more firmly than stock. Its not objectionable though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mines up 2.5" and it's quite a bit firmer than stock,but also running 12ply 35s on 20" rims so no real sidewall to cushion ride. I had some 37s on 17s and was ALOT softer than the 35s but still former than the stock ride. Washboarded roads is when ur gonna beat ur dash to death tho, like suspension is too stiff to to handle quick bumps. Overall if u stick with 2" and less probably won't be an issue tho.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Suburban is cranked just over an inch IIRC and I can still tell a massive difference in ride quality from stock. Personally I wouldn't recommend it. I'm going back to factory z-height one of these days.

Reaction score
Crank them and watch your upper A-Arm until it has about a 1/2" from hitting the "droop stop, also watch your shock length shocks, thats what gives a bad ride also, I just went thru all this last week. I want to go higher but don't want the a-arms to hit so???