Stock front suspension height?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zanter22

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've got a 1996 2 door Tahoe that I got about six months ago. Anyways I was underneath it yesterday and noticed how close the rubber bump stops were to the control arm.
You must be registered for see images attach
. So I guess my question is is this normal height? Maybe my Tbars are decranked or just worn out? Let me know what you think.

wildncrazyguy

Reaction score
Same sort of question I have as well for my Suburban. Thanks for posting the pic. My 1998 Suburban was just about touching and I cranked my torsion bar about a turn and it ended up like your pic. I've leveled it out, went for my alignment today and they spec'ed it again. My 1998 K1500 truck sits much higher than the pic, about double that. When I cranked the bump stops off the control arms for my Suburban as shown in the pic, it almost makes the front look way too high, like I have a rear end lowered or something. Anyway, maybe some will chime in here for you, but my Suburban rides much better with them off the control arms which is what I was hoping for. Question is, how high should they be and why would it alter the stance so much by lifting them. Is there another way?

Last edited:

Zanter22

Reaction score
Exactly how I feel. I'm concerned the bump stops are hitting when going over bumps. As for the rear, over time the rear leaf springs may have sagged from the extra weight Tahoe's and suburban have. Maybe someone with more experience can answer that better.

Reaction score
before i cranked my t bars my fender height was at about 35" idk if that helps at all but I'm pretty sure mine was darn close to stock height