Stock 4l80e power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weaponoffreedom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea poor lil 6.0 with 364,000 miles on it.

Ive had more bushing wear/failures in 4l80Es than i have had planetarys and clutch failures. Sure anything is possible but the things are strong with a few simple upgrades.

Simple things like this zip valve for TCC engagement.
i think the 6.0 is probably the best sb ever made

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think the 6.0 is probably the best sb ever made
I've got another 6.0 with 520k miles on it. 330k of those miles were with a 75mm turbo, water/meth injection, and nitrous. It was a good one. Out run a fbody on interstate up to 170mph while pulling a trailer...
It still runs but smokes and burns quite a bit of oil..

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got another 6.0 with 520k miles on it. 330k of those miles were with a 75mm turbo, water/meth injection, and nitrous. It was a good one. Out run a fbody on interstate up to 170mph while pulling a trailer...
It still runs but smokes and burns quite a bit of oil..

That had to be a sketchy feeling. I was pulling a trailer a while back and a guy decided he was not going to let me pass him by not moving over to the slower climbing lane. I ran it up beyond his speed limiter uphill getting around him. Should have seen the look on his face when his Dodge Hemi limited out at 106 and 14,000 lbs drove around him.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was actually nice and smooth. It only took a few minutes to get a text from a unknown #. Apparently he was a friend of a friend and figured it had to be me since it was a quiet stock looking truck with a big toolbox.
I think it was 5200 rpms in 4th with converter locked so I was running out of rpm fast.

It was quite the conversation tho. Baby turbo cam in stock 6.0 on 14psi. 4 people in truck and a street bike on a 12' trailer vs a cam Fbody.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a 94 GMC Suburban with replacement 383 that tows 28' travel trailer, and the 4L60e has never given me any trouble, Just had the fluid flushed and it shifts much better now. I'm in the Pacific NW with many mountain passes that I climb all the time (186,000 miles)