Sticky caliper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtautoguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The caliper pins are very well lubed and were replaced as well. (I was trying to get them to stop sticking)

I hadn’t thought about the problem being opposite of what I’m trying to fix. The passenger side isn’t that old but certainly not outside the realm of possibly having issues. the first caliper I put on on the driver side was very sticky like enough that you almost couldn’t spin the tire. When I got the warrantied one it was quit different it had a different piston in it and all the surfaces are much smoother so I don’t doubt the first one was a defect.

I have a new set of pads to put on it maybe I’ll get a set of calipers and do a full job. Iv heard good things about one stop but Iv never used their products. If I can I’d like to avoid remanufactured units

CKVortec

Indian name is "Walks on Knuckles"
Reaction score
The caliper pins are very well lubed and were replaced as well. (I was trying to get them to stop sticking)

I hadn’t thought about the problem being opposite of what I’m trying to fix. The passenger side isn’t that old but certainly not outside the realm of possibly having issues. the first caliper I put on on the driver side was very sticky like enough that you almost couldn’t spin the tire. When I got the warrantied one it was quit different it had a different piston in it and all the surfaces are much smoother so I don’t doubt the first one was a defect.

I have a new set of pads to put on it maybe I’ll get a set of calipers and do a full job. Iv heard good things about one stop but Iv never used their products. If I can I’d like to avoid remanufactured units
Whatever you do, do it in pairs! if your rotors show any signs of wear (grooves or ridges) replace them both. these days it's usually cheaper to replace them than it is to resurface them and if the new pads don't contact a smooth surface it will take a while for them to wear in to match the surface on the rotors, meaning that they won't work as well and could cause a braking pull.

dirtautoguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think that is probably what I’ll do. I don’t believe anything is in major danger or hurting anything so I’ll probably wait until spring or until I can get a good opportunity to do it.

I’ll update this when I get em done though. If there are any other ideas I should watch for or check out let me know.