Stereo BS problems, help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Geez, that sounds like the type of thing that someone who didn't know any better could spend thousands of dollars on at a stealership trying to fix. At least my problem was isolated to just the stereo. Good thinking on your part, if my transmission started shifting weird my first thought would definitely not be stereo related.

Reaction score
Thanks for the pointers guys! Still getting used to driving a truck I have to tear apart. Last one was an RCLB with speakers rolling in the back and 1 screw holding each door panel on lol

I'm convinced I've got a connection shorting out on the RR speaker now. Drove the truck last night, faded everything forward and had great luck in it not cutting out. Drove it to work today, all was well. Went to leave work and the HU was back into protect. So I reached over and smacked the trim that hides the speaker (ECSB truck) and wah lah, suddenly it's working again.

Which then brings me to my other dilemma of upgrading speakers since I'll have the back half of the cab 75% off just to re-do this one connection