Stepside bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigboychevy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to get a bumper for my step side, looking for used bumpers and this guy online says the fleet side and step side all use the same bumpers, I don't think that's the case, can anybody here tell me for certain will a fleet side back bumper fit a stepside?? Thanks!

bigboychevy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The "cuts" into the corners of the stepside bumper are deeper to match with the bed. A fleetside bumper will not fit. Mind you, this mostly refers to the Silverado chrome bumper. The plain "work truck" bumper that doesn't sit so close to the body probably fits either bed style, but I can't say I've tried it personally.

Pic from LMC Truck -

You must be registered for see images attach

Top bumper (38-9774) is fleetside; middle bumper (38-9778) is stepside. Note the depth of the "cut" - it's not just in the plastic top pad, it's also in the steel bumper underneath the pad.

Richard

bigboychevy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "cuts" into the corners of the stepside bumper are deeper to match with the bed. A fleetside bumper will not fit. Mind you, this mostly refers to the Silverado chrome bumper. The plain "work truck" bumper that doesn't sit so close to the body probably fits either bed style, but I can't say I've tried it personally.

Pic from LMC Truck -

You must be registered for see images attach

Top bumper (38-9774) is fleetside; middle bumper (38-9778) is stepside. Note the depth of the "cut" - it's not just in the plastic top pad, it's also in the steel bumper underneath the pad.

Richard
You know the exact same step side bumper you can buy from LMC for I believe 320 plus shipping, while on rock auto they have a bumper that looks the same for 238 plus shipping, I've heard rockauto horror stories, but surely this bumper is a good buy?