Steering pulls hard to the left?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Have to drive with the wheel to the right a bit because it pulls to the left. What steering component is likely worn out?

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
just get a alignment! things move all the time and if its pulling to much it can chew right thru your tires! any alignment shop SHOULD tell you of any worn parts that need replaced. but if youve never replaced any parts you can always (if you plan on keeping the truck) replace most the parts with new ones and know they all good for along time to come. just dont cheap out on alignment parts.... unless you must for the time being... MOOG is very well known for there quality! thats what i have on my truck from balljoints to tie rods.
you can always call around and see if any local shops give free estimates so you can have them check it out and see what all needs replaced before you take it in for alignment!

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just sounds like a bad alignment to me. Not necessarily worn out, just out of adjustment. You can check for excessive play in the tie rod ends, pitman arm, and idler arm by getting somebody to slowly turn the wheel a quarter of a turn back and forth while you investigate from underneath. Any slop would indicate a bad component. Ball joints are a little more tricky, as you have to unload the joint ( usually by lifting on the lower control arm ) and use a pry bar to see if there is any up/down movement.

gunz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jack it up, have a look upder it. Leave the steering wheel locaked and rock the tires tow in tow out, If you have anything worn out, Youll see it pretty quickly. I just did the idle, pitman, tie rods, adn ball joints. 240k on the truck so it seemed like ti was time.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Yeah I'm so tired of paying for alignments on these trucks. Running over anything knocks it out of whack. Ill update if I find some worn parts.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
my trucks got like 205K miles and ive replaced everything BUT the main linkage arm what ever thats called and the steering box arm to that main linkage.
IMO if you buy quality parts they hold better and last longer! cheaper parts just wear out faster which throws off alignment faster also how you drive can effect it alot!