Truck pulls to left when I hit brakes, relase brakes then pulls to right. What in the world is going on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyguy2000

Reaction score
Hey guys I got a oddball to try and figure out, had all my brakes replaces with new parts and everything. Truck pulls to the left(jerks) when I hit the brakes and when I release the brakes the right front caliper hangs up and causes it to pull to the right. It sometimes barely hangs then times it locks up so tight it causes it to smoke. I know for a fact the left front caliper is getting more fluid than the right but why when I release the brakes it pulls to the right causing my passenger front caliper to hang up? It's so weird, the right caliper sometimes releases itself and times where it tightens back up. And my abs module Is out, could that be a cause? Is the left caliper on driver front causing it cause it's getting more fluid? I'm puzzled on why my baby is doing this. Have yall ever had a issue like this before? Thanks again guys
Mike

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck on jack stands. Remove wheels. Ensure bleeder fittings can open and bleed fluid.same on rear wheels cylinders, have you ever completely bleed all current fluid so only fresh new fluid in system ? Remove caliper slide pins cleans and bores. Any contamination on brake pads? How old are front flexible brake lines, collapsed or occluded brake line can retain brake pressure resulting in uneven, imbalanced braking action, think Mr Magoo's s wild ride., A worn steering linkage can also simulate a brake pull, that's a start. That's what I would do first. Good luck.

Chevyguy2000

Reaction score
Thanks guys, she's at the garage now, just don't have the time at the moment to work on it myself. But I was thinking possible collapsed brake line(s) . Guess we'll find out in a little while. I'll keep yall posted

Chevyguy2000

Reaction score
Schurkey, I have no idea what the brake code is, never even knew about a brake code. But I replaced the drums, shoes , spring kit, rotors, calipers, brake pads, wheel cylinders in rear. Put a new master cylinder on about a year ago. I need to check the bearings tho. And my truck is a 2000 Chevy K2500. Thanks for that Schurkey

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't know if you're referring to a Allis-Chalmers or a GMT400, 2wd or 4wd, but as Shurkey mentioned control arm bushings are often overlooked, and will dive in different directions when brakes are applied, even when the rest of the front end parts are working correctly--I know this......

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Brake code is the three digit RPO option code that determines what style and weight brake option was installed at factory.
On the glove box is a factory decal with list of three digit codes. That is what your truck was built with. You download a chart listing the 3 digit codes and a short description. If you have the factory GM service manual in the first chapter is complete description of trucks that year. And all the options codes for that year. As shown example. My 93.
You must be registered for see images attach