Steering box question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
It's even better with the EVO sensor unplugged. I like that the combo of those two changes gives me more steering wheel feedback. The truck feels more connected to the road. The big wheels help with that, but the truck doesn't have that vague squishy, 'just keeping it between the lines, officer,' feel!

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's even better with the EVO sensor unplugged. I like that the combo of those two changes gives me more steering wheel feedback. The truck feels more connected to the road. The big wheels help with that, but the truck doesn't have that vague squishy, 'just keeping it between the lines, officer,' feel!
I mught have to check in to that eventhough my 35's will take most of the tightness out of it.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Hum, I'm going to look into this. Never though of it but IMO the regular box is too slow...

It seems to me when i dug into it years ago there was a reason why i didn't.

Can't remember why though...seems to ring a bell that there was an imcompatabilty somewhere. Maybe it was 2x4 vs 4x4 related. I just cant remember exactly why....heck, maybe I just didnt have the money!

Last edited:

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I replaced mine a couple years ago, I went with a rebuilt one from O'reillys. I had to get three of them before I got one that was good. They all had different problems like bad bearings, bad seals, and threads that were messed up where the lines screw into the box. Finally after I thought I got a good one, it went out 2 monts later. I would recommend spending a little more for a new one rather than a remanufactured one. Especially if your truck is lifted.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I replaced mine a couple years ago, I went with a rebuilt one from O'reillys. I had to get three of them before I got one that was good. They all had different problems like bad bearings, bad seals, and threads that were messed up where the lines screw into the box. Finally after I thought I got a good one, it went out 2 monts later. I would recommend spending a little more for a new one rather than a remanufactured one. Especially if your truck is lifted.

i just replaced mine with one from O'reillys and i have a lil leak at the fitting.:think: