Squeaky filter box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daven8844x

Reaction score
I have a squeak when I roll over terrain. I'm pretty certain it's the filter box hitting against the wheel well. Not sure if it's not on correctly? Anyone have this issue before?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Could be, if the box isn't installed correctly. The Vortec box has a spacer under it that fits between it and the fender well. The Christmas tree looking nipple on the bottom of the box fits in the slot on the top of this spacer. Also, it can be tricky to get the tunnel that fits in the fender hole in properly. I have used a heavy gasket scraper to push it in before.
Not sure about the TBI box since I don't have a TBI truck.... hope this helps.

daven8844x

Reaction score
Could be, if the box isn't installed correctly. The Vortec box has a spacer under it that fits between it and the fender well. The Christmas tree looking nipple on the bottom of the box fits in the slot on the top of this spacer. Also, it can be tricky to get the tunnel that fits in the fender hole in properly. I have used a heavy gasket scraper to push it in before.
Not sure about the TBI box since I don't have a TBI truck.... hope this helps.
Yeah sounds like mine. I think it's all installed correctly, but if I push on it, it makes the same squeak. Not sure what other contact points there are.