Speedometer Adjustment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
First thing to do is figure out why its off. What size tire are you running?

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Stock 235s for tires. Seems to be off the whole range of speeds but ill hook it up again on my way home from work to check again.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
235 is the width, what is the aspect ratio? With 31x10.50s my speedo was perfect at 60mph. Anything over 60 showed lower on the speedo and anything under 60 showed too fast.

If you have 235-70s and the truck came with 235-75s then your speedo will tell you that you are moving a little faster than you actually are. Shorter tires = speedo to read too fast.

Bearcat91

CRASH
Reaction score

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there is pins in back of the guage cluster........you will have to mark the concrete.........roll your truck forward on complete revolution.....then mark the concrete again where you stopped.......so you have 2 marks......stArt and stop......you measure the distance and look up in the gm service manual which pins need to be added or removed behind the cluster.....