Spare tire mounts? Custom, retro'd, bolt on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Im just worried with my exhaust and shock setup I cant fit without something rubbing. And I also dont trust that cable, not on Alaskan roads. I will snap a few shots here in a little bit to see what you guys think.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
My 33 fits under my truck too, I just don't want the spare there anymore. I plan on dumping my exhaust after the axle right in the middle.

94blu1500

Rocky Hock Offroad
Reaction score
I toss my full size spare in the bed when I'm going too far from the house other than that i leave it. The spare under my truck is still the original goodyear wrangler t/d that came with the truck that can't be good for anything but i know a 33 won't fit under there with my hitch so I've never permanently took it out. I like the prerunner setups but use my bed too often for it to practical.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
hell I lost my brand new factory sized spare on my 96 because the cable broke and it was on s truck with zero rust :nono:

Sent from my static android

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've thought about makeing a swing out gate that mounts to the bumper. Similar to what the jeeps and most aftermarket rear carrier bumpers are set up like.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I've thought about makeing a swing out gate that mounts to the bumper. Similar to what the jeeps and most aftermarket rear carrier bumpers are set up like.

Something like this?

You must be registered for see images attach

This is the solution I designed for when I get a lift and bigger tires:

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
That looks awesome Kevin.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Well I went and swapped off my wheels today. The buyer let me use their old wheels/tires til my new setup comes this weekend. So I am running on some old beatup 35's that are just horrid. But he paid me extra to get them early. So I just have to watch myself with these. Kinda sucks because the Truck Meet just got moved to tomorrow. But anyways, back on track. I looked and I DEFINITELY do not trust my stock tire mount. I think somebody already tried to modify it before I got ahold of it, and it doesnt look very trustworthy. So for now, its just gonna get tossed into the bed and locked down.

Front wheel is the rims and sheisty tires Im using for now. Rear wheels are what I just sold.

Mine with all the spares on:

The Hoe the spares came off with my wheels on it:

And the best part of all: