Space-Saver AstroVan Spare Tire * Same 5 x 5 Bolt Pattern???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To save room under my lowered C-1500, has anyone used one of these narrower rimmed spare tire/wheel combo's? They were the same 5 x 5 bolt pattern, and were 16" diameter, due to the smaller donut tire. They came as a spare in the GMC Astro vans, etc. Any clue?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Some are 5x5. Astros used three bolt patterns over the years. 5x4.75, 5x5, and 6x?

Richard

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
O.K...I got one of these spare wheel & tires now. Its the same 5" x 5 Chevy/GMC 1/2 ton C-1500 bolt pattern, as on my 1996. Just went to install it on my front. Slips right on! But...the back of the wheel hits the brake caliper & won't let it go on all the way. Stock factory brake caliper seems to be just a bit too tall, to allow the wheel to slide over the top of it. Holds it off the rotor about 3/4" or so. Anyone have a solution? Thanks

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone have a solution?

Use a different wheel? :lol: Seriously though if it's hitting the caliper then it's either use something different or buy spacers as far as I can tell. Don't think there's any easy way around that one.