southern_z71_92's 1983 GMC Jimmy build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well did the engine flush today and followed that with an oil change with mobil 1 full synthetic 10w30, Lucas synthetic oil additive, and a delco filter. Drove her around a bit and the noise still persist but has quieted a little. Will see as I drive it next week to work and such. Really need to replace the manifold gaskets or install headers and do full exhaust. Hmm decisions decisions.

That Green Jimmy

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just ordered headlights that come with 8000k 35w HIDs and I ordered some 6000k 55w HIDs to replace them. They are all h4 so I might just throw the 8000k HIDs in the highs when when everything comes in.

That Green Jimmy

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well new headlights came in today along with the new reverse lights. Already installed the 6000k HIDs into the new low beam housings. These things look pretty good. Will have to wait to install though truck is at my grandparents house.

That Green Jimmy

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well we are thinking that it is spark rattling and that is what all the noise is. Have to check the anti-knock sensor on the side of the block and also going to check the distibutor some more. Grandpa says rhe ICM could not be putting out enough power and causing it to spark rattle.

Oh and I really want to run open headers now.

That Green Jimmy