Southern Pride's Official Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I'd say it'd be somethin less extensive but if nothin else works thats wat it would have to be

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I mean I'm almost certain it has to be a short because on my passenger side you know the little button that goes in and out when you open and close the door to switch on/off the dome light? Well when the passenger door is open that light shorts out ALL the time. I can sit there and wiggle that little button and it's like a strobe light in there with my LED dome, but if it is a short it's a question of WHERE and that's where I just have no idea I'm like an electrical retard completely. If you or anyone else can say start here or here then that'd help I'm so lost. Me and my buddy are going to **** with it tomorrow aftter work.

Also, can anyone confirm for me that it is absolutely not the resistor? Because I have NO AIR whatsoever...So if the resistor was bad, then I'd still get hi or something right? Resistor can't knock it out completely?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Usually the buttons for the dome lights on older vehicles wear out and do that, I'd try testing power at the blower motor and if nothing there see if your getting power at the HVAC controls, if you have power at your controls but not at your blower it would be between there. If no power at the controls check the relays and see if your getting power there, and so on and so forth, just follow the wires til you find somethin, but I would make sure your controls and all the relays and/or fuses are good

192Darkhorse

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn dude the truck is looking badass, tastefully aggressive. I cant believe it has as many miles as it does the body is so clean. You still throwing the idea around of OEM fender flares?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Usually the buttons for the dome lights on older vehicles wear out and do that, I'd try testing power at the blower motor and if nothing there see if your getting power at the HVAC controls, if you have power at your controls but not at your blower it would be between there. If no power at the controls check the relays and see if your getting power there, and so on and so forth, just follow the wires til you find somethin, but I would make sure your controls and all the relays and/or fuses are good

Thanks for hangin' with me Danny. We're going to get into her tmrw evening so I'll let you know what we find.

Damn dude the truck is looking badass, tastefully aggressive. I cant believe it has as many miles as it does the body is so clean. You still throwing the idea around of OEM fender flares?
Thanks alot bro. That was well put, tastefully aggressive :D I think that is exactly what I was shooting for. On the flares, no not really. If some fall in my lap for a killer deal, then maybe.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a seperate relay for the blower motor and then the HVAC controls? I want to check the relay for the HVAC at this point but can't pinpoint it if anyone can? All the fuses on the interior fuse box are good. The ones under the hood I checked the blower relay there but not sure other than that.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I hate electrical problems. So you dont even get regular air when you turn on the controls? Because when I got my truck the guy never hooked up the ac pump when they swapped the 350 back in instead of the first owners 454 (yes its a kinda a long story). Anyways when I turned it on it blew air but how ever hot it was outside is what would blow. So if you get any kind of air it maybe a pump problem or leak in that part of the ac.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be a ground issue.. I would re-check all of your wiring for the hvac controls and blower motor. Use a test light to see if power is getting to the blower motor. If it isnt check to see if power is going to the hvac control unit.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would see if you are getting power to the blower motor, It is possible you got a dud, or even a nicely cleaned up used one some one returned to the store and got their money back while keeping the new blower motor, I work in a parts store and I catch that mess all the time, I know what to look for, but the less experienced people don't and they will return used parts sometimes and not realize it or were just to lazy to really check.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks alot for the replies guys but no I get no air mvm't what so ever regardless of regular or A/C and we tested the old motor before replacing and it had power going to it, and even when the truck was off it had power going to it :shrug:

Someone said check the HVAC relay but I can't find it in the fuse box under the hood nor the one in the interior...Is the relay on the actual HVAC controls themselves? The HVAC controls lights up and everything and I can even tell it kicks the compressor on when I put it to hi but just no air mvm't what so ever :nono: Were going to mess with it tonight, so I'll let yall know any other ideas based on the information I just gave, let me know! Thanks again for all the responses and help.