Southern 98 k1500 brought back to Canada (BUILD THREAD,PIC HEAVY)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got most of the wiring done for the amplifiers, the RCAs, are on one side of the tunnel and power, remote and bass knob are on the other side, so I can get the carpet put back in now. Door speaker wiring will be soon but I don't need it done at the moment. Amps are mounted up and the cross overs for the door components will go underneath them. Installed the bass knob in my spare location above the cargo light switch, just took the knob apart so it was less bulky.
You must be registered for see images attach

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a little LED light from an Audi car door that I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it, center console light! Just wasn't sure how I was going to wire it up so that it only came on with the light switch. Once I pulled the carpet I noticed that if you don't have a floor shift 4x4 the light sockets are actually there. So I just tapped into the one that would always be on for 2wd with the light switch. The light is not very bright but it does light up the entire inside. I definitely could have done a better job cutting the hole...but you will never see it anyways lol

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Speaker time! Finally got my JL components for up front and kicker 4x6s for the rear. Before I noticed that water would drip onto the door speakers from the outside sill trim. So I found these 6.5 rubber baffles from NVX. They also make a 6x9 as well. With the door panels removed I can easily run my wiring through the door grommets and finish my sound deadening. I decided to just mount the crossovers in the door. Less wiring to run and easier access. The tweeters fit perfectly with minimal trimming in the factory location just trimmed and tested till they fit with the flush mount pods. I didn't even have to use any JB weld or glue they are such a tight fit! I cut the factory tweeter connector and wired that in place rather than trying to disconnect blade connectors if I have to remove the door panel. Those tiny things are such a pain in the ass if they're a tight fit.

Sound deadening is done I really don't think the top half of the door is all that needed.

Just so anyone is wondering, the JL C2s are extremely close to the window when its down. With the baffles and sound deadening on the panel it gives it about a 1/4" more room for clearance.

Also the rear 4x6s. This is only a problem if you have the 3rd door the mounting depth is only about 1 11/16" max. The Kicker KS 4x6s are 2" deep so I need to space that side out a bit. It will work and wont hit the panel. 4x6s also dont have any extrusion they're basically just a big tweeter. Drivers side and any other truck that does't have a 3rd door its about 2.5" mounting depth.

Last edited:

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New speakers are finished! Got almost everything reinstalled and the amps are wired up and fired up, it sounds so good and I haven't had it tuned yet! All gains are set to minimum and I know they have so much more in them. The subwoofer encloser sounds way better than I thought it would being so small and such an odd shape to fit under the seat but I'm very happy with it. No rattles whats so ever sounded deadening does wonders!

Final piece of the puzzle for this year is going to be the OEM side moldings. Can't wait to slap those back on just waiting on one more door side.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also time to finally post a photo of how the truck is now from when I first saw it. There's no drastic mods just replaced a lot of stuff with OEM and made it look as clean as possible Enjoy!

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Sharp pickup and tasteful "mods." Your color combo is in my top 5 favorite. That side molding will look awesome, I need to get new "GMC 2500" door emblems for my 'Burb, the GMC is no longer red.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sharp pickup and tasteful "mods." Your color combo is in my top 5 favorite. That side molding will look awesome, I need to get new "GMC 2500" door emblems for my 'Burb, the GMC is no longer red.

Same I'm big on the two tones! but they definitely need the molding on IMO. Yeah when I got the new gmc1500 emblems I was like "Woah.....I've never seen these red before" It was for sure a surprise. Only problem is that I need to cut a couple to length so I'm trying to figure out the best way without hacking at them. I'ts very very soft plastic so I feel like a fresh box cutter that's long enough should just go right through it.

Looks nice! Those new moldings will look pretty good on it, did you get them from LMC?

No they're 100% OEM from the dealer. I've been collecting them since 2017.......buying them all at once would make me wonder what I'm really doing with my life....they were a lot like a lot a lot. I work at a GM dealer so I got them at cost but still way too much for some plastic... but so so worth it.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
No they're 100% OEM from the dealer. I've been collecting them since 2017.......buying them all at once would make me wonder what I'm really doing with my life....they were a lot like a lot a lot. I work at a GM dealer so I got them at cost but still way too much for some plastic... but so so worth it.
That's awesome, I assume they have the two cut outs for the emblems?

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's awesome, I assume they have the two cut outs for the emblems?

Ya so I was wondering myself about this, I thought there was more of an indentation that the badge sat in. I'm thinking because they are universal maybe I have to dremel out the cutout so the badge sits inside it? Ill have to do some digging or maybe Ill just go to a wrecker and find one so I can match it up.