Southern 98 k1500 brought back to Canada (BUILD THREAD,PIC HEAVY)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck is back home, no better time to get stuff done while this quarantine is going on. Decided this year is going to be mainly focused on interior, and finally get a good sound system in it. Also needed to track down a water leak coming from the HVAC area. The truck came with a 60/40 bench, going to be installing factory bucket seats with a center console (I need cup holders!)

Started by ripping up the carpet going to give it proper clean with a stain remover vacuum. The plan is to sound deaden and run all my wiring, get some replacement 4x6s for the rear pillar. Then get the trim back in. I haven't decided if I want to amplify the rear speakers yet or just run them off the head unit seeing that most 4x6 speakers only need about 20-30 rms anyways. The amp may not be worth it and just save it for the front components.

I have some 1/4 ABS plastic sheet that i'm going to build an amp rack out of, cant stand when I see people put self tappers through the back wall.

As my ADD kicks in I was tired of looking at my super faded and chipped wiper arms, its amazing what 5 minutes of sanding and some new paint will do. Its the little stuff that makes me happy.

You must be registered for see images attach

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also finally bit the bullet and bought some new tires, I really wanted to go with BFG KO2s, but I've been there done that so I picked up some Falken Wildpeak AT3W 285/75R16 They were also about $200 cheaper than the BFGs. Falken as definitely improved their truck tires, I've driven a 3/4 dodge with these in a 315 and there were as quiet as it gets for an AT. Just need to do an alignment before I fire them on. Also polished up the factory wheels.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looking good, 285's on stock rims, pushing the max, haha, make sure you rotate them often.
I've had good luck with falken tires.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Truck's looking pretty sharp! The new headlights alone really spruce it up.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got back at the truck again, its starting to become a waiting game for stuff to show up before I can start moving forward with other things mainly stereo stuff so I can run all the wiring, then I can get the carpet back in.

Started building the amp rack, just used a single piece of 1/8" x 48" flat stock to make up some simple brackets. Used a rivnut for the top bracket and mounted to the lower seat belt studs so nothing is drilled or glued to the back wall. I wanted it to be removable for any reason and not have holes. The mounting board is a sheet of 1/4" ABS thats 12"x 24". Both my amps have an 8 x 8 inch footprint so the crossovers for my components will have some room on there aswell. The carpet that hangs off the back wall will go over this and everything mounted on top of the carpet so everything will be hidden, at least that's the idea

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Managed to get the seats and the center console done as well, I was lucky enough to find another drivers seat at a parts pull yard to get some new mounts, who ever took these seats out just cut the mounts, seized bolts most likely or just pure laziness. I never really noticed how good of condition these seats were actually in after put them next to my old 60/40 bench. The passenger seat just bolts right in but I only had to end up drilling one hole for the right front drivers mount. The rear hole was already there but with a bolt in it.

The center console was a little tricky, trying to figure out where the mounts properly go. I verified with another truck that the console does not sit right in the middle but closer to the drivers seat. Figured that out quick so you can still open the console. I also discovered that one hole for the console bracket is super faintly stamped in the metal. Its not very noticeable but its there. In the last photo the bottom hole I drilled is the one that's actually marked. It felt good to be able to sit in bucket seats again.....AND I HAVE MORE CUP HOLDERS!!!!