Sound Deadening RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found myself some MLV for free so decided to make use of it. So far the back wall and floor have CLD tiles, closed cell foam, and MLV. Doors and roof have CLD and CCF only. Next time i take the doors apart ill do as much mlv as i can. I am concerned about adding a ton of weight to the doors...

The roof i did when i replaced the headliner that was shredded. This is complete. mLV wouldn't make much sense up there.

This is a low budget project and the first time ive ever tried to sound deaden/insulate. I still have a stock stereo.

I used noico and kilmat cld tiles. 2 different ccfs. Mlv listed isnt exactly what i have but similar. I would advise using the 1lbf stuff since it would be way easier to work and plenty effective

I didn't see any posts like this here but i did follow some direction from sound deadener showdown and various youtube vidjas.

You must be registered for see images attach

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wish i had more cld tiles for the floor.

More oem deadening on the back of the vinyl than i thought. Vinyl floor still very dirty in this pic. I powerwashed a bit after

Hit the floor with degreaser then wax and grease remover. Cld tiles applied.

Last edited:

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Repaired some of the broken clips on the plastics with jb weld plastic weld. Redyed some of the rear plastics that were badly discolored. Its not perfect match but better than it was. Ill redo the others when i take em back out again.

This picture was before dying. Shows the sun fading and mottled look.

Last edited:

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Roof and first attempt to redo headliner. This made a noticeable improvement in heat radiating from the roof, and did provide a noticeable difference in sound on the highway. This was the first sound treatment I completed.

Last edited:

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How does it sound?
Had it on the freeway 80+ this morning. No traffic due to shelter in place order. I am "essential." The only real noise is air traveling over the cab and **** in my glovebox.

No real engine noise unless I'm really pushing it. Just a hint of exhaust noise from behind the cab.

Could listen to music/podcast more comfortably at a much lower volume.

Averaged mid to low 70s db. Wish I had a before reading. It was very loud.

I didn't do all this at once. Started with the roof and doors. Then back wall. Now floor this weekend.

Every little bit helped. Cant wait to get some MLV in the doors. I can tell that those are not treated as well as the rest of the cab.

Last edited:

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used a lot of Noico on my 89 step side. Covered entire floor, cab back, roof, cab corners, kick panels and door skins. I then used the foam under the door panels.
I plan to do the same to the Tahoe as I take it apart to rustproof, fox door lock, clean carpet etc.
You will have FAR more success with plastics repair if you clean then sand all the area with 80 grit then clean with alchohol before adhesive. Anywhere adhesive is on an unsanded area is a failure point. Once one area gives, the rest will come off easier.
Proper abrasion and cleaning is a must for all plastic repair.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now, if I just knew what MLV, CLD, AND CCF were, this would be useful--'cause I want to do this to my trucks. Somebody needs to provide me with a legend......
Mass loaded vinyl.
https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/products/mass-loaded-vinyl-mlv
Closed cell foam.
Cld tiles Constrained Layer Damper = dynomat https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/products/cld-tiles™

My first post has pictures of things I used.
This website has tons of information
https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

Last edited: