Solid brakes now..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
Well after getting this truck the Brake light was on due to a bad wheel cyl in the rear, so I bypassed the RWAL and tossed that **** in the trash can mainly due to the fact of my tech 2 was showing a bad ABS module. Im pretty sure one of the dump valves was bad on the actuator block had the pedal almost to the floor , so after bypassing that, and rebuilding the rear wheel cyls and installing new shoes in the rear and adding a DYNAMIC FRICTION 35547153 master cyl without the quick take up , I now have rock hard brakes way up high and the truck has brakes for days now. One front caliper has been replaced I know of , not sure if its the low friction one of not I dont seen to have any issues with the fronts dragging, brakes are a solid 10 now. highly recommend this master cyl.

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
adding a DYNAMIC FRICTION 35547153 master cyl without the quick take up... ...highly recommend this master cyl.

Kinda thinking that's a JB/JD7 master cylinder. WHAT VEHICLE do you have? That master is completely wrong for vehicles with Low-Drag calipers. Gives away hydraulic advantage; potential problem if the booster fails.

It's not as bad a choice as the so-called "NBS" master cylinder which--I think--has an even larger primary and secondary piston, and is also not a Quick Take-Up design.

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
I know for sure one caliper has been replaced for sure. Soon the other one will be, I dont know if its been replaced or not. This system i working just like a brake system should. it stops with a decently firm pedal right now this truck has some of the best working brake of any other these I have owned. I hate a soft pedal with miles of throw before firming up .This master is for the 13 inch rear brakes. This truck is also a F44 rpo chassis package, so I already have the thicker rotors and 3/4 ton calipers.

Last edited:

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
WHAT VEHICLE do you have?

truck is also a F44 rpo chassis package, so I already have the thicker rotors and 3/4 ton calipers.
So, what year and model is the truck? One is left to assume if you don't tell us what you're working with since we can't see anything you don't tell/show us.

Based on what you've said, I'm guessing 1500. C or K package (i.e. 2wd or 4wd)?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
His Sig:

1991 C1500 Silverado long bed 5.7, 4L60, 8.5 3:08
1997 C1500 4.3 5 speed 3.42 ECSB (Sold)
2000 Tahoe Limited 5.7 4l60E 3.42 (SOLD)

Sure enough, the back of that yoke has enough JB-Weld on it to keep the Titanic afloat.

"Those who are offended should go sit in the corner and hug yourself for the next 20 min. "
Captain Owen P. Honors.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like this on my 17" laptop:

You must be registered for see images attach

I don't know how you guys use your smart phones to navigate this website. I just don't possess
that level of small screen chops. I should probably get better at this myself just in case I'm on
the road and the chore truck decides to pull a fast one on me. :0)