So why does the goodwrench motor only have 190HP when my motor has 210?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
TBI with the ultimate mods, gutted pressure regulator with a tpi pump and an inline regulator, had that setup even before the swap.

i used the 350 block that was in my truck and the head gaskets blew, compression was getting low on it when it was a 350 and i foun the rings were shot, pulled the bottom end and the crank was toast, the engine was replaced by your 190hp crate motor about 50k ago. decided since i needed a new crank and stuff id go 383 so i started shopping around for my parts, collected them for awhile, head gaskets blew again and i pulled the motor and did all the stuff knowing headgaskets werent gonna fix it again.

the block needs to be ground a bit to let the larger crank clear.

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
TBI with the ultimate mods, gutted pressure regulator with a tpi pump and an inline regulator, had that setup even before the swap.

i used the 350 block that was in my truck and the head gaskets blew, compression was getting low on it when it was a 350 and i foun the rings were shot, pulled the bottom end and the crank was toast, the engine was replaced by your 190hp crate motor about 50k ago. decided since i needed a new crank and stuff id go 383 so i started shopping around for my parts, collected them for awhile, head gaskets blew again and i pulled the motor and did all the stuff knowing headgaskets werent gonna fix it again.

the block needs to be ground a bit to let the larger crank clear.

Ugh - you're saying the factory crate blew it's head gaskets and munched the crank in less than 50,000 miles?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
yeppers and i never beat on the truck. that was the replacement that went, i bough the truck with a replacement crate motor and the paperwork was legit and all that, dont know why the original motor was replaced either.

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
yeppers and i never beat on the truck. that was the replacement that went, i bough the truck with a replacement crate motor and the paperwork was legit and all that, dont know why the original motor was replaced either.

Unreal. It was still under warranty, wasn't it? (3/100,000)

Do you think the PO let it overheat or f'd it up somehow?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
no signs of any overheating, it should have been under warranty but since it switched owners they wouldnt honor it for some reason. i know a few people who have had crate motor troubles. the only ones we havent yet are the more performance oriented ones like the zz4, 502, ramjet motors etc. i will only build my own engine fro now on even if i have to teach myself in the process, theres only a select few friend and neighbors that i will let touch anything driveline wise on any of my vehicles.

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
no signs of any overheating, it should have been under warranty but since it switched owners they wouldnt honor it for some reason. i know a few people who have had crate motor troubles. the only ones we havent yet are the more performance oriented ones like the zz4, 502, ramjet motors etc. i will only build my own engine fro now on even if i have to teach myself in the process, theres only a select few friend and neighbors that i will let touch anything driveline wise on any of my vehicles.

Well...that's kind of disappointing.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
That 190HP crate motor according to Summit makes 260HP with headers and a good manifold.

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
Last edited: