So no one makes a upper radiator fan shroud for a K3500 with a 7.4L Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg36

Reaction score
Been trying for so long to find a shroud but my truck is a 2000 K3500 with a 7.4L so the fan shroud doesn’t go as deep as the 350 and also I have the taller radiator so the original shroud has to you over it I’ve been ordering them online but they’re all for the 350 and shorter radiator what the heck.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe use this problem as an excuse to switch to electric fans?

Greg36

Reaction score
The only one on eBay is the wrong one and I couldn’t find one at the junkyard they’re all for 350 or 454s with the shorter radiators in the 2 Wheel Drive models

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Should be able to snag one from a 2500, those came with the tall radiators too. Just not as thick as a 3500. The diesel stuff is big like a 454 3500, but it's completely different. Much thicker plastic.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Should be able to snag one from a 2500, those came with the tall radiators too. Just not as thick as a 3500. The diesel stuff is big like a 454 3500, but it's completely different. Much thicker plastic.

What's different? Any reason why the diesel version wouln't work?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What's different? Any reason why the diesel version wouln't work?

It might if you grab both halves. It's a different material and much thicker. Diesel radiator I think has the same dimensions as the 3500, sure looks like it, but the plumbing is a little different on the diesel. Overflow tank is where the radiator cap lives too, so those tanks are excellent for LS swaps that use LS radiators.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
It might if you grab both halves. It's a different material and much thicker. Diesel radiator I think has the same dimensions as the 3500, sure looks like it, but the plumbing is a little different on the diesel. Overflow tank is where the radiator cap lives too, so those tanks are excellent for LS swaps that use LS radiators.

Yeah, I had a diesel overflow tank here for awhile. I wanted to convert to it, as I've read Dexcool works better that way. I was even thinking of putting a diesel passenger side tank on my radiator, but then I found out that the hose fitting is a different size. Eventually I tossed the overflow bottle as it had seen better days. One of the connections on it, had cracked.