Sliding rear window rattles/leaks air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
I know this is a bit of an open ended question but can you purchase new seals for a sliding rear window? No clue if my window if a factory install or aftermarket. Mine rattles over bumps and whistles with the HVAC fan on. It must whistle real loud as I don't hear that sound very well anymore!

Ken

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this is a bit of an open ended question but can you purchase new seals for a sliding rear window? No clue if my window if a factory install or aftermarket. Mine rattles over bumps and whistles with the HVAC fan on. It must whistle real loud as I don't hear that sound very well anymore!

Ken
Check out Steele Rubber Products. If they don't have something that will work it doesn't exist.

kenh

Reaction score
Just sent for a catalog for my truck! Thanks for the reminder about Steele! It could use some new door seals anyway.

Ken

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just sent for a catalog for my truck! Thanks for the reminder about Steele! It could use some new door seals anyway.

Ken
I think they have a catalog of random rubber seals that aren't vehicle specific. Might be worth calling them and find out. Good luck

McShane

Reaction score
Same problems for me. I’ve been thinking about replacing it with a fixed window. Can’t see much value in the slider on my rcsb model. Seems to just let in a lot of road noise. This is the first Chevy truck I’ve owned....is the slider common on these GMT’s?

kenh

Reaction score
Well I got my catalog from Steel "customized" for my 90 C1500. What a joke! Door seals and window track seals. The did send the universal catalog but it seems like everything is stupid expensive, although I haven't actually checked elsewhere.

Ken