Skylark's dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine has a dry bath too, I love it. How much solar do you have Skylark? It's looking like I can cram another 600W onto the roof of mine. I also want to mount 2 batteries to the truck itself for the camper.
I haven't had a chance to check out the details of the solar yet. I can tell you that without having a battery I was able to power up multiple lights off of the system.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some pictures of today. It was quite the pain to get it out of where it was at. The packrat that owned it croaked and there was a butt ton of crap in front of it. Fortunately the guy had a tractor and it was sitting on a cobbled together fifth wheel trailer. The brother in law didn't know how to use it but I did. After several hours I was able to get it from behind the barn to in front of the shop.

Just at dark we were able to get the fifth wheel out from under it. Our trailer just barely squeaked in between the dually jacks. Unfortunately one of the tie down mounts is missing from the bottom of the camper. How the heck does that happen?

The pictures of our burb and the trailer were taken as we were checking straps for the 3rd time about 2 miles from where we bought it. The coyotes were howling not far away. We figured that they had heard that we captured Bigfoot.

We ran it across the scale on the way there and afterwards. She only weighs 3300 pounds. Of course the trailer is loaded for crap and once loaded it took almost 1000 pounds off of the rear axle of the burb. Good times!

You must be registered for see images attach

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That must have been a white knuckle ride home. Looks like you could have had it farther forward, what was the holdup?
The rear jacks are up against the taillights of the trailer. I kept it at 40 mph on the way home. On any bump I could feel the hitch rattle in the receiver so I know that there is next to no tongue weight.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Funny you mention that. My son and I were walking out of Home Depot on the contractor's entrance recently and saw a late 90s F150's rear end go up in the air like 2 feet...after walking a few more feet we realized they were loading a pallet of concrete mix on the back of their trailer. I had to explain to my son the mechanics of how it happened, kinda trying it keep it in language a 9-year old would understand.

We didn't really wait for the guy to drive away, but the forklift driver had left and the guy was getting in his truck and starting the engine. His F150 rear end bed actually looked higher than if it was empty! LOL.