Skylark's dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well this better damn well move Pearl up the priority list! We bought a 98 Bigfoot 3000 truck camper. It needs a bit of work. Someone installed solar panels on the roof and where the wiring comes through it leaked. Moisture collected inside and damaged some of the laminate surfaces. There is one crack in the fiberglass down low on the passenger side but it shouldn't be too hard to repair. The biggest issue is where the rear cap meets the roof it is crunchy on one side and soft on the other. Getting it home will be interesting. We plan on putting it on our car trailer but there is 1/4" to spare. We're going to succeed no matter what. I don't care if I have to jack up the rear tires, remove them, back up to the front tires, install the rear tires, remove the front tires and back up the rest of the way and put the front tires back on!
You must be registered for see images attach

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You'll be happy with that camper! Nice one on the fiberglass shell route. Looks like the older 3 piece unit like mine.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You'll be happy with that camper! Nice one on the fiberglass shell route. Looks like the older 3 piece unit like mine.
I was 100% firm on hard sides, no beer cans. A dry bath was also a must have. We would have preferred a different dinette that was shaped more like a U with a couch kind of design but fot what we paid, it is well worth the minor trade off. It is the 3 piece ddesign. If all went well we could have it serviceable for $1000-1500 but I wouldn't be surprised if we're in it more like $3-4k.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking back, we'd preferred a dry bath too but our rig ain't up to the task weight wise. Your basically adding another foot of length.

Not sure what kind of build your going for but these guys have the identical camper
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
. They're going for the luxury overland route. The dudes pretty epic at solar and electronics if interested in that kind of thing.

I'd be keen to see the upgrades you guys do along the way. We're about to gut ours and rebuild from frame inboards. Had a pretty bad leak develop, it had some previous small ones but this one justifies us rebuilding. I plan to upload my build thread along the way.

Have fun!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Mine has a dry bath too, I love it. How much solar do you have Skylark? It's looking like I can cram another 600W onto the roof of mine. I also want to mount 2 batteries to the truck itself for the camper.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking back, we'd preferred a dry bath too but our rig ain't up to the task weight wise. Your basically adding another foot of length.

Not sure what kind of build your going for but these guys have the identical camper
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
. They're going for the luxury overland route. The dudes pretty epic at solar and electronics if interested in that kind of thing.

I'd be keen to see the upgrades you guys do along the way. We're about to gut ours and rebuild from frame inboards. Had a pretty bad leak develop, it had some previous small ones but this one justifies us rebuilding. I plan to upload my build thread along the way.

Have fun!
We've been watching these guys since before their Go North series. We enjoy them. You're right, ours is identical, just 2 years older.