Side window latches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, both of the side window latches on my new to me 95 extended cab are broken.
Is there a preferred replacement? I found dorman at $40 each, and that just seems ludicrous. Theres a bunch of aluminum repair parts.for toyotas, and it seems like there's probably an option like that for me, or at least a cheaper and better than dorman option.

What are y'all doing?

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, both of the side window latches on my new to me 95 extended cab are broken.
Is there a preferred replacement? I found dorman at $40 each, and that just seems ludicrous. Theres a bunch of aluminum repair parts.for toyotas, and it seems like there's probably an option like that for me, or at least a cheaper and better than dorman option.

What are y'all doing?
Usually dorman is the cheap option. I generally don't trust anything cheaper than dorman. If $40 is too rich for your blood, you can try the junk yard

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Usually dorman is the cheap option. I generally don't trust anything cheaper than dorman. If $40 is too rich for your blood, you can try the junk yard

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Not so much the cost as the value. Ive never been impressed by dorman plastic parts. However, if they are the beat solution in this case, im ok with it!

Has making them out of metal ever been tried? Mind you, i haven't looked real close yet, so that may not work. Both of mine are broket at the body side pin.