Side molding placement question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94 Silverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could someone tell me how far down below the body line the factory side molding is suppose to be? I bought some new strips and have nothing to go on other than I know it goes right below the body line. Thank you!

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hope this helps..

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Chrome wheel well moldings too?
Snap a line from the rear bottom edge of the front to top of the rear bumper. The snap line will line up with the back end of the rear w/w molding.
That body line is not straight. It curves up towards the rear wheel well opening. Snapping a line will make sure that the molding is straight.
I also kept the gaps between the pieces much tighter than the factory's.
The leading edge of the door molding has to be trimmed back at an angle so as not to catch the back edge of the fender when opening the door.
I took the rear moldings as far around the body & the box that the molding would allow. Far as it would go before it wouldn't stick to the curve anymore.
Also, cut the ends at the wheel wells 1/32" or so back from the openings. The factory cuts those at about 3/8" This way, the chrome of the molding & the w/w chrome trim create a continuous line the length of the truck.

Zoom in on these to see what I'm talking about.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Chrome wheel well moldings too?
Snap a line from the rear bottom edge of the front to top of the rear bumper. The snap line will line up with the back end of the rear w/w molding.
That body line is not straight. It curves up towards the rear wheel well opening. Snapping a line will make sure that the molding is straight.
I also kept the gaps between the pieces much tighter than the factory's.
The leading edge of the door molding has to be trimmed back at an angle so as not to catch the back edge of the fender when opening the door.
I took the rear moldings as far around the body & the box that the molding would allow. Far as it would go before it wouldn't stick to the curve anymore.
Also, cut the ends at the wheel wells 1/32" or so back from the openings. The factory cuts those at about 3/8" This way, the chrome of the molding & the w/w chrome trim create a continuous line the length of the truck.

Zoom in on these to see what I'm talking about.

I did the exact same thing with mine. Except I cut the molding flush with the wheel wells, no problems for the last 3 years