Shortchevy c1500 Sport build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
you dont like the flaps?! I like them because they drag EVERYWHERE, the passenger rear has a flat spot already... I look at it like this...
1st prize- your bagged and bodied you can drag your body if you really want to
2nd prize- your bagged and lay frame you can drag frame if your really want to
3rd prize- you threw a quick 4/6 on one day and didnt take your mudflaps off, you can drag them if you really want.

haha, between my 5/7 and 5/8 i drug 3 air dams off, the y pipe broke studs in the manifolds and bent 3 times before i got the exhaust work done, drug frame, hitch, spare tire. you name it. but anyways i love your truck still, so clean!

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha, between my 5/7 and 5/8 i drug 3 air dams off, the y pipe broke studs in the manifolds and bent 3 times before i got the exhaust work done, drug frame, hitch, spare tire. you name it. but anyways i love your truck still, so clean!

hey thanks. Ive been watching your build dropped93 and im jealous... I wanna bag! but it isnt in the budget yet.... the first step was getting a vehicle to drive while my truck would be under construction so I have that much done.... Im a welder so that doesnt freak me out, my problem is I know nothing about bags lol... but im learning, Im sure in the future it will happen :)

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey, forgot to post this... I work at a shop specializing in customizing trucks... I put some step bars on a gmt400... crew cab dually, with prolly a 10" lift... just thought I would share this guys bumper sticker
You must be registered for see images attach

got any good bumper stickers to come back at this?

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a couple bag related questions.... I have drop control arms and springs in the front... eventually the trucks getting bagged.... is it a backwards step to throw some drop spindles? 1 or 2 inch is what I have in mind... follow up question, is there a brand that keeps the tires from getting pushed out?.. and that I can still run my 15" sport wheels? any help is much appreciated!

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

just some quick pix on the way to cruz nite

Kurt3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drool! I want mine all colour matched like that. Does your stepside fenders having any bubbling issues? Mine does and its the main problem from having my truck painted because no body will guarantee the problem wont come back again.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drool! I want mine all colour matched like that. Does your stepside fenders having any bubbling issues? Mine does and its the main problem from having my truck painted because no body will guarantee the problem wont come back again.

No problems with the stepsides... except it seems like Im always cleaning water spots off the tops of the fenders... what kind of bubbling are you experiencing? and thanks, the color match is factory and parts of it are getting resprayed when I get my cowl hood... the grille and front bumper are stone chipped.... some people would prolly laugh at me cause its not very bad...

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well Ive got some more work to report on. I got the correct buckets with the fold down arm rest and threw them in as well as the 88-94 half carpeted kick panels, they required a little trimming but fit perfectly after cutting to match the 95-98 ones. The reason I did this is that this last winter my hood release handle broke so I relocated the pull on the cable underneath the front license plate. Originally I had fiberglassed and painted my drivers kick to delete the hood pull handle but I wasnt extremely happy with it so I had been eyeballing the older ones for a while. finally got them in.... Id have pictures up but the carpet needs pressure washed lol maybe tomorrow.
EDIT- pictures added, I have to paint the kick panels but you can get the idea of the clean look they bring.... o and the newest addition thats gonna go on tommorow

the flowmasters a 40 series stainless unit with Delta flow, 3in inlet and (2) 2 1/2inch outlets, the plan is to run a couple dumps to see how it sounds and then construct a sidepipe contraption with both coming out before the passenger tire. maybe Ill actually take pix of me doing this project :p

Last edited: