SEM color informtion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls1togo

Reaction score
I realize that there is some color variation between reds but I have a 90 GMC that I would like to "freshen" up inside...plus some of the replacement parts ie; glove box door, radio surround etc don't exactly match
Any suggestions on the appropriate SEM color?...Firethorn Red, Napa Red, Portola Red? btw, glove box door is being replaced...need to do carpets and headliner too
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Most any auto body supply or parts store will use a meter (spectrometer?) that can analyze the color & then they can mix up any SEM product custom for you. They'll even put it into spray-bombs or in any amount required (pints, quarts, gallons!) so that you can spray it through your own gun. Usually for a slight bit more than what an off-the-shelf spray bomb would cost you.

ls1togo

Reaction score
Most any auto body supply or parts store will use a meter (spectrometer?) that can analyze the color & then they can mix up any SEM product custom for you. They'll even put it into spray-bombs or in any amount required (pints, quarts, gallons!) so that you can spray it through your own gun. Usually for a slight bit more than what an off-the-shelf spray bomb would cost you.
Thanks, Sewlow!..I knew I could count on you!...you were very helpful with my lowering questions and I took your advice :)...AND I had already bookmarked your "how to dye ......" thread...:)
I don't think I have auto body supply locally so I'm thinking that I may have to order SEM online....

ls1togo

Reaction score
No O'Rielly's, AutoZone, Advance, Napa etc., around you? I think that you're in the States.
All of them..I'll check them out....not sure about Napa, but the others sell (and push) DupliColor...but I'll specifically ask...