Scotty.92 `The Resurrection` 98 Sierra K1500 - Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
*Prices from Summit Racing*

Corsa Sport S/S exhaust $1,114
Flowtech Ceramic coated headers $543
Flowtech ORY $288
Misc. $100

$2,045.

Being in Canada, I bought my cat-back from my work. With employee discount it was $2,200. Plus on top of that I got headers and y-pipe from the states. Also had my ceramic headers to get the fiber glass wrapped to keep temperatures down.

But you have to add taxes and then the difference in Canadian dollar (Around .15C on the dollar). Duty also. Everything is so much more for me to get in Canada. High prices up here, or cheap prices and then the difference in dollar and taxes/duty. Doesn`t make much of a difference.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's true. The little things make a world of difference.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I`m not sure what it is about it, but the offset color seems to catch my eye every time I walk by the front of the truck. I also think that the old chrome ring now being a metallic gunmetal color, really pops that GMC out! I have plans for a smoothie, but I am thinking about doing my bumper and the rocker panel chrome the same color as this gunmetal. Whats your thoughts on that?
-I`m not sure if having the gunmetal bumper and rocker chrome in gunmetal would be too much, or if I should just have them black. Definitely keeping the chrome ring gunmetal though. I dont want to risk taking off rocker chrome, plus it helps saves the paint on the body metal. If the rocker chrome chips.. no big deal. So for sure am going to be painting them.

I am going to probably be buying rims after this next paycheque.

I seen a truck come in at my work with the rims I was originally going to get (But they were 5 spoke, 6 lug, and on a NNBS truck), but the way the ribs of the rim curved in made them look cheap to me. I have been looking around and found that I want to get the Mickey Thompson classic baja. It has the silver bead lock look, and the inside is all black.

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/mtt-90000020078/overview/

What backspace would be best? 4.5, 4, or the 3.625? I would consider using fender flares. Either OEM or the classic bushwaker with the rivets.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck is looking a little bit different than before. I am still getting another bumper for the front ( actual W/T smoothie), but for now I took rumble strip off and had it painted. Big improvement IMO.

I broke my drivers mirror because a stone came off the tires and smoked it.

I wanted to do a test panel on the rockers to turn them black, so I painted the 1 behind the wheel on passenger side to see. Think I'm going to do the rest of it.

Used a black enamel from Piston Ring (Canadian equivalent of a decent auto parts store.) and the paint actually matches almost dead on to the color of truck.

Last edited:

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Think I am only going to be able to buy new rims and then will have to save up for quite a while.