Saving a 98 Suburban from the scrapper

Discussion in 'Member Trucks' started by Wiscoburban, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Wiscoburban

Wiscoburban OBS Enthusiast

I did some calculating and all in I have spent just over 6,000 for everything including tax title and plates for the Suburban. That is exactly where I was hoping to be with it when I first looked into getting one. I would say that's a really good deal for a family hauler/DD. Its got 10k miles on the rebuilt motor, new front end new brakes front and rear and new tires on it. For now it will just be going to work and back with me until after the baby comes, then it will be going on some longer trips to see family and friends.

2. Wiscoburban

Took a break from a long work day and snapped a couple pics of the Burb, I just love the look of the 400's front ends. I like the stance much better now from the day I bought it. The new front end seemed to rejuvenate it and removing the broken plastic on the bottom made quite the difference too.

20190824_174708.jpg 20190824_174718.jpg

XJPhoenix likes this.
  3. XJPhoenix

XJPhoenix OBS Enthusiast

I know what you mean...

I love the look of the GMT 400's vs pretty much anything else out there from the early 2000's up to now. There's just something classic about them that appeals to me.

Very sharp Sub, by the way. Your headlights seem nice and clear, are they new? I ask because I just replaced the headlights on my 96 Yukon, so kinda notice these things.

:)

4. Wiscoburban

Yes the guy who I bought it from replaced them, makes a huge difference on these trucks and Thank you!

XJPhoenix likes this.
  5. Wiscoburban

Not much new with the burban just driving it to work and back and around town to keep miles off my truck. Next thing I want to look into is the door locks. When I bought it they all worked fine, I then programmed a remote for the locks using the jump method with the OBD port and now only my drivers power lock works with or without the remote. The key fob I don't think is for a Suburban, it was given to me by the P/O who thought they were all just universal. I don't know if this could be the issue or if its a relay? Any advice or someone who may have had this happen. If I buy a Key fob for a suburban and reprogram it using the jump method do you think it will reset all the locks? I am skeptical because when I use the buttons inside on the door they only lock and unlock the driver door as well.

Its not a huge deal right now but down the road I would like to lock it if we have things inside or leave the dog while we run in somewhere. Any advice would be appreciated!

6. Wiscoburban

Wet drive into work today

20190912_064352.jpg

XJPhoenix likes this.