sagging door... i give up on changine pins and bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
my sagging door has reached a whole new level i have replaced pins and bushings 3 times and i believe all my wear is in my welded on hinges.... has anyone replaced the hinges... its a job thats all i know... are has anyone not been able to fix their problems with pins and bushings and resorted to other methods?

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
take a 2x4 and put it in th egap under the hinge and start to close the door itll tweak the hinges and bend them up i had to do it to my 98 to ge the door to close after new pins and bushings

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I haven't had time to put these in yet, but they are new pins with factory sized and over sized bushings. Unless your truck was in an accident or someone had tried to replace the hinges prior, I would not think the play would actually be in the hinges. I'm guessing that you waited too long to fix the door sagging and the holes that carry the bushings are ovaled out.

I got the .010 over sized bushings but the make larger ones as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I'll have to give them a call... they only list stock sizes for my 1998 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series 2 Door. Thanks for the source. I did do a little reading and I like the fact that TA designs these to be better than stock as opposed to just another stock replacement part like you get at the parts houses.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
My door was right out to lunch. I put in neins and pushing, still out to lunch! So my way on fixing it, witch worked was this. If you look on your hinges, some of them don't have any buchings. Drill those holes bigger, and put a bushing in it. That should solve your ovaled out holes.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
x2 the 2x4 method. If you know anoyone at a bodyshop or have atleast had work done somewhere at some point stop in and ask them. There is a tool specifically for bending/straigtening the hinges. Its a five foot steel bar and I bet any shop would walk out to your truck and do it for free with no problems.