RyanMerrick's 1997 C2500 RCLB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
If you could pm me some pics and a price shipped to 03801. Ive been looking just cant justify the xost of a new one.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The first thing I did when I got the truck home was to remove the excess, give it a good wash, and remove the wasp nest from the passenger side mirror. Took off the grille inserts, the headache rack, and running boards, along with the deer whistle on the front bumper:

You must be registered for see images attach

What size tires where on it in these pics?

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
i love the look of this truck! the black and maroon really looks good! how are those rear tow hooks mounted? i've never seen them before!

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
i love the look of this truck! the black and maroon really looks good! how are those rear tow hooks mounted? i've never seen them before!

Thanks! The hooks were mounted to the hitch by the previous owner, I'll be replacing that hitch sometime to tuck it up closer to the rear bumper (and the amount of rust on it destroys my confidence in it)

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
When is the body lift going on? and what size tire you going to run?

It's on and I love it, sorry it's been on for months and I need to update the build thread. I've been crazy busy with work the past several months. I'm getting a free set of Wrangler Duratracs this week (265/75/16), but eventually thinking about 285-75-16s....I'm just not sure I can fit 35s

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Removed Chrome Fender Trim

I removed the chrome trim pieces on the fenders, I wanted to have a little cleaner look. An added bonus is that I don't have to be as concerned about rust in that area.

Before:

After:

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
3" Body Lift, Headlights, and Parking Lights Installed

I bought a 3" body lift from Summit along with TYC Elegante headlights and some eBay parking lights.

The body lift was easy enough to install, the hardest part was dealing with rusted bolts. The body lift kit included lift blocks, steering extension, front bumper relocators, and gas filler neck extension. I purchased the rear bumper relocators separately. I also had to modify and cut into the rubber piece located under the shift boot in order to use 2nd and 4th gear. Overall I'm very happy with the results:

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Smoothie Rear Bumper Installed

My old bumper was completely rusted through, so I decided to by a smooth rear bumper without those dated 90's trim pieces.

Before:

After: