RyanMerrick's 1997 C2500 RCLB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
It's definitely tempting....I'm just worried about how it would look. Illinois has some strict window tint regulations so while I could tint the back and sides pretty dark, I can't legally tint the front at all....which I'm worried would look a little weird...

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Toolbox Installed

Installed a DeWalt cross bed toolbox. Found a great deal at Farm & Fleet that I couldn't pass up. There's so little storage space in a regular cab it will be nice to have the box. It also helps with the style of the truck in my opinion. GMT400 long bed trucks are naturally awkward, there's such a large expanse of metal between the back of the cab and the rear wheels, I think the toolbox helps.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Thanks. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Upgraded Cargo Light

Upgraded the bulbs in the Cargo Light and Third Brake Light. The goal was to increase the lumen output so the cargo light would actually be useful. The lumen output of the cargo light went from 50 lumens with the 194 bulbs to 280 lumens, while at the same time, the wattage went down from 7.5 watts to 3 total watts. This and the lifespan of the bulb when up from 2,500 hours to 80,000 hours. Did this by converting to some bright LEDs, it's a win win win situation.

Installed red LEDs in the brake light, it's now brighter and turns instantly on with the brakes. The picture makes the light look white, but in person the light is a bright red.

Last edited:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
It's definitely tempting....I'm just worried about how it would look. Illinois has some strict window tint regulations so while I could tint the back and sides pretty dark, I can't legally tint the front at all....which I'm worried would look a little weird...

Incorrect sir, you can tint the brow and bottom of windshield, it just cant exceed the length of a dollar bill, i have a pic of what i mean somewhere

Notice the tint...

Just thought about it, front sides you are correct, was thinking windshield when you said front

Last edited:

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Thanks!

I don't know about the strips of tint on the front windshield, I don't think I could pull that off with my truck...

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That picture of farm and fleet doesnt happen to be in oak creek wi does it?

Sent from fiberglass covered Galaxy S3