Ruptured Metal Brake Line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DixieWASP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used https://www.inlinetube.com/. Excellent product. Reasonably priced. Zero issues with fitment or sealing. They sent me the wrong length braided hoses. I sent them a picture of the hoses I received next to a tape measure and a new set of the correct length hoses arrived a few days later no questions asked. I have no relationship with them other than being a satisfied customer.

If it was my truck, I would replace all of the lines and hoses. You have experienced likely the only good time to have a brake failure. Might be a good idea to consider purchasing a lottery ticket, as well.
You are correct. I finally had good luck so I may get me a lottery ticket.

1owner1990

Reaction score
Yeah, stainless tubing doesn't rust.

But if you search, you'll find lots of folks that can't get the stainless flares to seal. Or if they do seal, it's with copper sealing washers, or repeatedly tightening the livin' crap out of them.

Not my first choice.

I built a pair of 3/16 brake tubes from NiCopp tubing. My tooling couldn't make a decent, repeatable double-flare on that stuff. I did eventually get it to seal. I did not have any fun doing it, and I screwed-up a number of flares and then had to cut 'em off.

Plain ol' double-wall seamless steel tubing for me, thank you very much. QUALITY tubing lasts decades. The cheap-crap tubing GM used in the 2000s had a short service life, but that was due to excessive cost-cutting--using crappy tubing on a safety-critical assembly.
Totally agree. I have a $500 Imperial Eastman flaring kit, and from what I'd read online about the nightmares of flaring stainless, I opted for nickel copper as well. My original lines lasted since I bought her brand new 33 years ago. I figure the nickel copper will outlive me at this point. So easy to work with, too. Didn't even bother breaking out the tubing bender!