Run 33" tires with IFS 94 Sierra 1500 4x4. Torsion + rear blocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Hey there, spent about an hour searching for a topic that would answer my questions - but to no avail, I certainly could have missed something though.. Anyways, my question!

I guess I should describe my ride.
It is a 1994 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Extended Cab, 305 v8, 5 speed manual transmission, np241 transfer case. 31" 285/75/R16 Nokian Vatiiva A/T on stock GM/Chev wheels. Currently with blown synchros in the nv3500 tranny, but thats a different topic.

I would love to run 33s. I don't want to do a body lift, the frame shows enough as is. Would I be able to crank the torsion bars up to run 33" tires?
And also, would 2 - 2.5" rear blocks require new lines? Or is there enough slack to make it work?

Thanks so much for any results, and if I missed a thread somewhere, please post it so I can refer to it!

Can't wait to have my baby back on it's own shoes. All winter on jackstands :(

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most 285/75 are 32.8" so your basically already running a 33....

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No need for longer rear brake hose. Possibly need longer shocks, front and back. I wouldnt advise going with that much crank or tall of block in the rear, you will wear out from end parts very quickly and it will ride like a brick.

Depending on the offset of the wheels you choose will be the big factor on if you need to crank or having them rub.

This is 33x12 on 15x8 rims with 3.75" backspacing. Truck had 2" rear block and cranked to level. Rubbed a little offroad and ate front end parts.
You must be registered for see images attach

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
No need for longer rear brake hose. Possibly need longer shocks, front and back. I wouldnt advise going with that much crank or tall of block in the rear, you will wear out from end parts very quickly and it will ride like a brick.

Depending on the offset of the wheels you choose will be the big factor on if you need to crank or having them rub.

This is 33x12 on 15x8 rims with 3.75" backspacing. Truck had 2" rear block and cranked to level. Rubbed a little offroad and ate front end parts.
You must be registered for see images attach

off topic but i love the looks of your truck

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
Like said above backspacing is going to be your biggest factor. If you tortion bars are warn will matter too
I am not sure what the backspacing on my wheels are but they are 16x10s with 305/70s on them and I had to get new keys(I think my bars were warn though)

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
Hey there, spent about an hour searching for a topic that would answer my questions - but to no avail, I certainly could have missed something though.. Anyways, my question!

I guess I should describe my ride.
It is a 1994 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Extended Cab, 305 v8, 5 speed manual transmission, np241 transfer case. 31" 285/75/R16 Nokian Vatiiva A/T on stock GM/Chev wheels. Currently with blown synchros in the nv3500 tranny, but thats a different topic.

I would love to run 33s. I don't want to do a body lift, the frame shows enough as is. Would I be able to crank the torsion bars up to run 33" tires?
And also, would 2 - 2.5" rear blocks require new lines? Or is there enough slack to make it work?

Thanks so much for any results, and if I missed a thread somewhere, please post it so I can refer to it!

Can't wait to have my baby back on it's own shoes. All winter on jackstands :(

i've run 33x12.5x15 with just slight crank on the front. the 12.5 did rub the inner bumper a tad and i trimmed the very lower corner and it had no issue. so i'm sure 10.5 would be fine