Run 33" tires with IFS 94 Sierra 1500 4x4. Torsion + rear blocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
285/75 and 305/70 are just about the exact same highth... the 305 is just 12" wide

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like said above backspacing is going to be your biggest factor. If you tortion bars are warn will matter too
I am not sure what the backspacing on my wheels are but they are 16x10s with 305/70s on them and I had to get new keys(I think my bars were warn though)

you do know new keys did nothing right? if the bars are worn they are worn and NO key is gonna change it.

JAW's

B/W Country & Amer. R&R
Reaction score
if the bars are worn they are worn and NO key is gonna change it.

This is untrue. Kew keys DID work... They were reindext so that they would twist the bar more giving it more lift. I gained enough clearance to run my wheels and tires when I did not have enough clearance before

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
This is untrue. Kew keys DID work... They were reindext so that they would twist the bar more giving it more lift. I gained enough clearance to run my wheels and tires when I did not have enough clearance before

You had sagging bars then. You can crank the stock keys until the upper control arms hit the bumpstops, so the truck can't get higher than that.

As for the OP, I had 33x12.50x15's on 15x10's on my '92 RCSB, moderate trimming, 1" rear block, and full crank. Would not recommend.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
exactly, if the stockers won't do it then the bars are sagging, and I was told personally by a tech from rough country IF this was the case NO keys would help it would only cause the bars to fail faster and sag sooner and more.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I've got a 2.5" procomp block in the back and a light crank in the front, no issues with my 285/75s. I went with longer shocks in back mostly because the truck has 230K on it and I wanted something stiffer for when I have a load, plus summit was clearancing out edelbrock shocks for half price.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Wow, never expected the amount of responses that are here!
I could have sworn that I measured them out at 31.8, but maybe they are 32.8", in that case I might just call er a day and slap it back together with some armor to take the hits :)

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
my 94 with a 2 inch block and crank to level on 33 12.5s on old school rallys

You must be registered for see images attach

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
your measures ar probably right. I have a set of used 285's and w/o air they are only 31, but on my truck mounted and aired up they are almost right on or just past 32, ALL tires are different and air pressure as well as wheels comes into play and weight for that matter as to overall height installed.