Rpo tag damaged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zbreezy

Reaction score
Hi guys newbie here. Use the site often but first post. I have a 89 k3500 Scottsdale and my rpo sticker in the glove is damaged to point where in trying to decipher what it says. I was wondering if anyone could help or possibly help me get it from my vin number. Thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you don't want to wait, or you just feel like spending $5 for a nice detailed lookup with descriptions of all the codes, check out www.compnine.com. $5 gets you 3 VIN lookups if I recall correctly. It also gives you lots of neat extra information like the build date.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Any dealer parts department should be able to get you a list in a couple minutes.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The dealer and compnine seem to draw from the same source. I used to run all my parts trucks through a dealer friend to get the RPO lists and some of them were just not on file; the VIN came back with nothing. This happened more often with older trucks though it did happen every now and then with newer ones. Why, we have no idea. Trying to run those same VIN's through compnine also came back with nada.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The dealer and compnine seem to draw from the same source. I used to run all my parts trucks through a dealer friend to get the RPO lists and some of them were just not on file; the VIN came back with nothing. This happened more often with older trucks though it did happen every now and then with newer ones. Why, we have no idea. Trying to run those same VIN's through compnine also came back with nada.

Richard

Just out of curiosity did you ever check those mystery VINs more than once? I had this exact same thing happen once on CompNine. Checked that same VIN a few days later and the records popped right up.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing on file through Compnine for either of my 89s the one and only time I checked. Might have to try again.