rough idle 99 vortec 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdane36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so recently my truck has started to idle kinda rough not to crazy bad but noticable and annoying. truck runs like a top going down the road just happens when idoling. recently ive had a fuel pump and filter put in it a full tune up pvc valve and a fuel injection cleaning and it still doing the same thing any ideas? thanks alot

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Have you tried scanning it to see if a code has been stored?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
There could still be a stored code without the SES light on.

bigdane36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah i kno that i replied thinkingyou were getting at something else ill have it scanned tomorrow

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
yeah i kno that i replied thinkingyou were getting at something else ill have it scanned tomorrow

No, I was just saying because there are so many little things on a 99 454 that could effect idle that it would be easiest if there was a code. That way you wouldn't have to replace part after part until you found the problem.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
If no codes then it's time to start checking things like spark plugs, make sure the plug wires are good and aren't short arcing anywhere, check/clean the MAF, check the dizzy, etc. etc.