Rolling fenders: FAILED. Grinding the lips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright thanks for the advice, Ill try it out Saturday!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If that roller wouldn't do it then you almost surely have OEM fenders, instead of cheesy thin aftermarket.

I use a medium ball peen hammer on them, no ****. Works like a champ and have done it many, many times.

However, if you do that on aftermarket fenders you'll destroy them...

Richard

Fredridge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
years ago I had some heels put on a small car - they rubbed so the tire shop pulled out a baseball bat stuck between the tire and fender, had a few people sit in the trunk and drove a few inches back and forth.

Not sure if that would work with our trucks, that was a small car

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If that roller wouldn't do it then you almost surely have OEM fenders, instead of cheesy thin aftermarket.

I use a medium ball peen hammer on them, no ****. Works like a champ and have done it many, many times.

Richard

Oh ya they are for sure oem fenders.

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
years ago I had some heels put on a small car - they rubbed so the tire shop pulled out a baseball bat stuck between the tire and fender, had a few people sit in the trunk and drove a few inches back and forth.

I have seen this trick used before and it looked really good. I guess it's an old school trick they would do on old hot rods when they used real wide wheels and tires in the rear if they didn't shackle flip. Also in the front to buy enough room for vertical travel and turning room

slipping

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

This is how I did mine for the most part. Little hammer persuasion to start. Make sure you back up the other side your hitting with your hand.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score

Richard

This is the type of hammer I use as well.

baggedlsx

Reaction score
I've always used a baseball bat and a couple buddies to push back and forth. Don't try and drive it, that's how funny YouTube video's are born

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use a body hammer. Works good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk