Riveting VS welding Cab corners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I won't waste my time with panel adhesive ever again.

not to mention most times it requires an expensive gun to apply the crap.

I've riveted tons, it works. It can crack later of course though, sometimes it lasts for years and years, or it lasts a month or so.

If you can weld or have it done, weld it.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
WELD IT! I know and trust that glue, very durable but welding is the best thing to do, riveting is wasting your time, don't do that etheir.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Riveting looks like you did a half a$$ job and isnt going to be flush on top of having the heads of the rivets showing, i would never rivet body panels, if you want to do the adhesive i would atleast tack weld every 4-6 inches that way your not relying solely on adhesive to hold it on

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you guys just never saw a rivet job done right, you grind the heads down and make the flush, or now they have flanging pliers and flush head rivets, then you do not see them.

It can still crack of course, that's my ONLY reason to not rivet is risk of future cracks.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Obviously you wouldn't use button head rivets, you'd use countersunk. Nonetheless, I wouldn't rivet them. I'd TIG weld them before I'd use a MIG. Much easier to control the heat effected zone.

Sent from my GANG GREEN DROiD

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
you guys just never saw a rivet job done right, you grind the heads down and make the flush, or now they have flanging pliers and flush head rivets, then you do not see them.

It can still crack of course, that's my ONLY reason to not rivet is risk of future cracks.

Even so the panel wont be flush, you have to have something behind the new panel to rivet to