Right front LED turn signal doesn't flash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
Also trying to find a schematic for that part of the truck, is proving quite difficult. So far I haven't found one.

I had noticed that particular schematic didn’t exist either. I do know that on my 94 there’s 7 wires that control the lights from the inside passing through the firewall. There’s plenty more wires going through the same place, but only those few I mentioned on mine are the items of concern.

What year is yours again @n8pu ?

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had noticed that particular schematic didn’t exist either. I do know that on my 94 there’s 7 wires that control the lights from the inside passing through the firewall. There’s plenty more wires going through the same place, but only those few I mentioned on mine are the items of concern.

What year is yours again @n8pu ?

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score

Crap, that’s a metric ton of more wires to contend with.

The easiest way I can think of is to trace the wiring back to the splitter behind the grill and start there.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
Well, I gave up after I rewired the entire setup.

I pulled the plug and sourced another OEM harness from a 88-94 GMC work truck out of the junkyard as this didn’t have any sidemarker lights. I got it all setup and it works like it should.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I gave up after I rewired the entire setup.

I pulled the plug and sourced another OEM harness from a 88-94 GMC work truck out of the junkyard as this didn’t have any sidemarker lights. I got it all setup and it works like it should.

Glad to hear that, I haven't dug that deep into mine yet because my son will be doing it,maybe. If he doesn't I have a local shop that was highly recommended to me by another shop that I trust. He is going to try to install a new multi-function turn signal switch which hopefully will fix a cruise control issue I have with the one that is in there now. I'm also hoping it will correct the wiper delay issue, which is when it needs to be used in light rain they will jump up to an almost vertical point and stop for a couple of seconds then continue, repeating that scenario for several more times. if I turn them on to full wipe, not delay they work okay. Then if I need the delay again later on it seems to work fine, just the first use of the day it acts up.

Probably the best thing for me to do would be get a new truck, but being retired I don't want to take on another monthly payment if I don't have to.

n8pu

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad to hear that, I haven't dug that deep into mine yet because my son will be doing it,maybe. If he doesn't I have a local shop that was highly recommended to me by another shop that I trust. He is going to try to install a new multi-function turn signal switch which hopefully will fix a cruise control issue I have with the one that is in there now. I'm also hoping it will correct the wiper delay issue, which is when it needs to be used in light rain they will jump up to an almost vertical point and stop for a couple of seconds then continue, repeating that scenario for several more times. if I turn them on to full wipe, not delay they work okay. Then if I need the delay again later on it seems to work fine, just the first use of the day it acts up.

Probably the best thing for me to do would be get a new truck, but being retired I don't want to take on another monthly payment if I don't have to.

Well problem solved, in my case it was that 'multi-function turn signal switch', I took it to that shop, in under 40 minutes he had it replaced and sitting back in front of his business. So far the only thing I haven't had a chance to check out real good is the cruse control but it does seem to work as it should. The turn signal, I can now find the lane change feature real easy, not so before, and when I 'click' it in for a 'normal' turn it has a definite 'click' that it didn't before. The one thing that I did notice is when using the wipers on the delay mode, the old unit would cause the wipers to immediately make a wipe and then wait the pause and wipe again and so on, now, turn on the wiper to the delay, and it waits the time delay and then wipes. Just something to get use to. So as of right now I'm a 'happy camper'.