Ride quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wondering how I can improve ride quality and handling on 97 K1500. All front suspension but the hubs have been changed out.its so bumpy even on flat roads. Kinda feels like under the seat and floor not so much in the steering wheel.

McBroom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wondering how I can improve ride quality and handling on 97 K1500. All front suspension but the hubs have been changed out.its so bumpy even on flat roads. Kinda feels like under the seat and floor not so much in the steering wheel.
Shocks F & R will help drastically

Blue Mule

McBroom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Changed the front not the rear yet. Rear shocks would create bumpiness and vibrations through the seat?
Not necessarily, rear shocks will help stabilize the front to a degree. If the rear is outta controlled it will transfer the vibration to the front. Also if the front end components were torqued with the front off the ground... they can't relax thus causing vibrations. I always put the final torque on the springs,struts,pitman arm and so on with it on the ground resting on it's own weight. That way everything seats correctly

Blue Mule

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mono tube shocks. It makes a big difference. Also tire pressure. Whats on the side of the tire, is MAX pressure, not so much for ride quality. A hard tire, will give a hard ride, a softer tire, ( on the side wall) will give a softer ride.

McBroom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mono tube shocks. It makes a big difference. Also tire pressure. Whats on the side of the tire, is MAX pressure, not so much for ride quality. A hard tire, will give a hard ride, a softer tire, ( on the side wall) will give a softer ride.
^^^this here^^^

Blue Mule

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tire pressure and how many ply are the tires? I mistakenly bought 10 ply once. Great tires, but terrible ride. Also make sure the torsion bars are not cranked tighter. Check the z-height. Nothing causes a bad ride more than this.
They’re cranked up a little and what’s a height