95 suburban 2500 crap ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what can cause a crap ride? there are new shocks all round.
on every speed bump the car flies to high heaven, on every non 100% flat road the body is shaking like crazy while cars in front of me seem not to move a bit, every pithole and the car crashes. i find myself stressing the muscles to stay on the seat.
the tires are BfGoodrich A/T.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it a 2WD or 4WD? Go and check all your bushings; control arms body bushings, leaf spring etc. etc, front end cranked any? What's the air pressure in the tires at?
Bear in mind you're also driving a 2500, not a half ton.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it's 4wd. front suspension is new. cracked frame i don't think.
i don't think the front end is cranked, it may even be un-cranked.
air pressure is about 40 front and 60 rear i think.
will road tires improve things?

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would put all tires around 40, make sure front end isn’t riding on the bump stops. Adjust t bars accordingly.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6-lug or 8-lug? Fairly sure the 8-lug 2500s got heavier springs than the 6-lug 2500s, and certainly stiffer than 1500s.

As other folks have said:
60 psi in the rear tires isn't helping the ride quality. I'm not familiar with those tires. Could be the tires themselves don't ride comfortably.
Cab mounts are important.
Suspension travel, and shock absorber quality is important.

Seat foam worn-out? I'm thinking these trucks don't have metal seat springs, they have foam glued to the seat fabric in the same way the headliner is glued to the roof. If the foam has collapsed, you're in for a rough ride.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
front suspension is new

Polyurethane bushings will give a more pronounced road feel if it’s a bunch of “performance” parts.

Also, did you put the vehicle weight on the wheels before tightening the control arms? You can bind the bushings and tear them if you tightened them in the full droop position.

How long have you had the truck?

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
6-lug or 8-lug? Fairly sure the 8-lug 2500s got heavier springs than the 6-lug 2500s, and certainly stiffer than 1500s.

As other folks have said:
60 psi in the rear tires isn't helping the ride quality. I'm not familiar with those tires. Could be the tires themselves don't ride comfortably.
Cab mounts are important.
Suspension travel, and shock absorber quality is important.

Seat foam worn-out? I'm thinking these trucks don't have metal seat springs, they have foam glued to the seat fabric in the same way the headliner is glued to the roof. If the foam has collapsed, you're in for a rough ride.
8 lug.
seat is ok, i don't think it seat related.
Polyurethane bushings will give a more pronounced road feel if it’s a bunch of “performance” parts.

Also, did you put the vehicle weight on the wheels before tightening the control arms? You can bind the bushings and tear them if you tightened them in the full droop position.

How long have you had the truck?
no performance parts there.
yes i did tighten them with vehicle on the ground.

i've had it 2 years now.

for front socks i have adjustable monroes, for rear heavy duty acdelco.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could just be cause it’s an 8 lug 2500 suburban lol. Probably rides a lot better with a heavy trailer behind it.