Resetting PCM but still keep the radio settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wstrnsky

Big Sky Country
Reaction score
I am installing my injectors I just got back from witchhunter. But he recommends you reset your PCM by unplugging your battery for abit so it learns the new cleaned injectors. Ok so how do I get it so I can unplug the battery neg to resest the PCM but still keep my radio settings. Would the easiest way be to unplug the actual PCM from the truck ie unplug the whole box and pull it out then plug it back in after abit (would this even reset it?). Or rewire the radio to still get power even if the neg battery cable is disconnected. How do they wire a secret battery disconnect for security but keep the radio settings. It would be a pain to have to reset the radio everytime. It would be nice to be able to reset it easily since in my area we run ethanol fuel from Nov. to Feb. and I would like to reset the PCM in Nov. for the ethanol fuel then again in March for the non ethanol fuel. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can buy a cigarette lighter plug that has a little attachment on to connect a 9V battery to it, then you simply plug that into your cigarette lighter when you disconnect the battery and it'll keep your radio presets.