Rescued from a farm.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White Trash

Reaction score
No pictures again, but passing along some info...
Not much got done recently as I had pull my front brakes apart again. The caliper on PS was hitting the inside of the wheel when I applied the brakes, come to find out, the inner pad (against the piston) was bound on the spindle as I did not line the caliper completely straight when reinstalling. Shame on me. So I while I had both calipers I decided to clean everything. I ran a tap and die over and through the socket head cap screws for securing the caliper to the spindle.
The cap screws can be removed with a 3/8" allen socket. It was probably a 9mm but I did not have one. The threads on them were 11mm x 1.5. When trying to remove the bolt and slide pins, the slide pins have a dimple in them that may not allow you to separate the bolt from the pin. Picture for reference is stock photo from rockauto.com.

Attachments

• brake sliding pin and bolt.jpg
    brake sliding pin and bolt.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 3

OBS Oregon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not much got done recently as I had pull my front brakes apart again. The caliper on PS was hitting the inside of the wheel when I applied the brakes, come to find out, the inner pad (against the piston) was bound on the spindle as I did not line the caliper completely straight when reinstalling. Shame on me. So I while I had both calipers I decided to clean everything. I ran a tap and die over and through the socket head cap screws for securing the caliper to the spindle.
The cap screws can be removed with a 3/8" allen socket. It was probably a 9mm but I did not have one. The threads on them were 11mm x 1.5. When trying to remove the bolt and slide pins, the slide pins have a dimple in them that may not allow you to separate the bolt from the pin. Picture for reference is stock photo from rockauto.com.
Welcome to the forum....

95TXSilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, love the color of your truck! My wife calls that color "Old Man Blue". Being an old man, it really appeals to me!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
On the 400s ( at least the half tons) the caliper pins/bolts are removed with a 3/8" hex bit. On the newer generation (99-06) they're a Torx T55.
When I changed the front pads on my Burb in June 2020, I had something happen that I've never had happen before: one of the caliper pins/bolts wouldn't go back in all the way. Was acting like the threads were messed up...and it had come apart fine. So I went to the parts store and got a tap in that 11mm X 1.5 pitch, cleaned the threads up, and reassembled everything. Probably never need that tap again, but I have it if I do.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
That thing is clean! You should see the farm trucks around here. They would make only for rat-rods and not in the fashionable "patina" way.

Cool project!

White Trash

Reaction score
Not being a fan of bench seats, I finally completed the bucket seat install. Previous owner had good taste in hot dogs, found evidence under the bench seat...

Attachments

• 20220220_120726.jpg
    20220220_120726.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220220_111359.jpg
    20220220_111359.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220223_174910.jpg
    20220223_174910.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

White Trash

Reaction score
Got the surface rust on the floorboards sanded and primed, ready for the carpet install. Carpet and sound deadening mat ordered and on the way.

Attachments

• 20220227_104640.jpg
    20220227_104640.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 18

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the surface rust on the floorboards sanded and primed, ready for the carpet install. Carpet and sound deadening mat ordered and on the way.
This a good opportunity to put down some sound deadening and heat barrier. My friend used mats, I'm thinking about using the spray version.

Edit: I'm blind and skipped right over you saying a mat is on the way!