Repin or harness swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Putting a 6.0 in my 97 yukon. What would be quickest and easiest. Repinning my existing harness or just changing the whole thin. I hav a complete donor truck

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unpin and ID wires that go inside truck from pcm and remove the factory pcm and engine harness.

Then youll use the LS harness and using a pinout chart youll repin the wires you removed from factory computer to the LS one

So you basically do the 0411 swap plus an engine swap and any of the 99-02 truck harness and pcm will work. Ive not done a swap with the 03+ to know how much extra work one of them would take

Reidrw

Reaction score
I am doing this very swap right now. Except I do have the 03+ computer. Are the pin outs essentially the same other than the dbw addition? I am swapping to dbc anyway, didn’t know if I needed to track down a 99-02 one?

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not exactly the same id have to look through my printed pinouts.

I do know the 03+ wont control ac because they require a turn on signal on the data bus when the 99-02 just needs a 12v signal just like the obs truck

Went through that mess in a astro van so ended up using a tri binary ac switch and only downfall was when compressor cycled at idle it would drop idle hard wouldnt die but didnt have the smooth transitition as if pcm could control it

Last edited:

Reidrw

Reaction score
I was going to use a 0411, but the donor truck I got for my swap was an 03. So I am using this harness…I was told the green tab is the same as the red just has the dbw status. As far as pin out locations go anyway.

Hmmm…maybe I will snag the harness from another donor truck, 99-02 as well.

Thanks for the help.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If i remember correctly thats not correct but if i dont forget tomorrow ill look at my pinouts and see if those plugs match any

Reidrw

Reaction score
Its not exactly the same id have to look through my printed pinouts.

I do know the 03+ wont control ac because they require a turn on signal on the data bus when the 99-02 just needs a 12v signal just like the obs truck

Went through that mess in a astro van so ended up using a tri binary ac switch and only downfall was when compressor cycled at idle it would drop idle hard wouldnt die but didnt have the smooth transitition as if pcm could control it
Other than the A/C switch…everything else was pretty straight forward? I can switch to a 99-02 computer, I was told that the pin outs were essentially the same other than the dbw features.

I was just going to pin everything from the green connector over onto the red connector into the pin out locations that I have, for the 0411 computer.

I am using a dbc throttle body, was told the 03+ computer can’t have dbw removed. So I was planning on switching to the 99-02 anyway. But now I am really!! questioning if it will work like that…I’ll find the pin out for the newer before too long, and keep this project moving.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'd personally look at the possibility of merging the 2 harnesses. I.E. swap the injector wiring, coil wiring, crank/cam sensor, and whatever else I'm forgetting into the 350 harness to minimize choppage.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
lt1swap.com will be your saving grace.

I have my 1995's harness currently merged with a 03 Silverado SS harness(6.0L/4L80e) just currently awaiting me to get an engine and trans.

@Wh4t3v3rs is running a Holley Terminator, and there is others on the board whom have swapped to an LS as well.

Last edited:

Reidrw

Reaction score
I'd personally look at the possibility of merging the 2 harnesses. I.E. swap the injector wiring, coil wiring, crank/cam sensor, and whatever else I'm forgetting into the 350 harness to minimize choppage.
That’s what I started doing as I ran thru with tape labeling everything. Just seems like the easiest route to follow.