Cabin harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joelabella

Reaction score
I am looking to install power windows and locks on my 88 c1500
I’ve done couple research and all I’ve seen is the people changing the cabin harness and just adding everything like factory from a donor truck with electric windows and locks I was wondering what other trucks like suburban or other years would fit my truck plug n play

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
88-94 C/K Pickups only... The suburban didn't join the GMT400 lineup until 92, and they used different wiring compared to the trucks. I wouldn't say it's exactly plug n play, but it's pretty simple if you can handle some basic wiring.

joelabella

Reaction score
88-94 C/K Pickups only... The suburban didn't join the GMT400 lineup until 92, and they used different wiring compared to the trucks. I wouldn't say it's exactly plug n play, but it's pretty simple if you can handle some basic wiring.
Since mine is 1500 you think a 2500 or even 3500 c/k would fit I found a parts truck in my area but it is a 2500

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
For the power window and lock stuff? Sure. Just be sure you get 'em from a 2 door, not a 4 door. The 4 door window switches are wired differently and converting them to a 2 door application is some work, IIRC. Plus you'd have those extra switches sitting there looking weird and doing nothing.

Richard