Removeibg tortion bars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charby

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can i do it without the unloading tool? Is there a trick or do i have to go buy/ rent the tool?

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Can i do it without the unloading tool? Is there a trick or do i have to go buy/ rent the tool?

Rent the tool, that's what its for, you wouldn't use a fork to eat soup just because it might work would you?

I don't mean to be brash, but your best bet is really to use the tool, although Ive heard of people using a C-clamp, but that's about as risky as a 1 night stand with a hooker in kentucky.

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea you need a tool for sure c clamp would work but I just use a ball joint press works great for me.

texasrebel88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rent the tool, that's what its for, you wouldn't use a fork to eat soup just because it might work would you?

I don't mean to be brash, but your best bet is really to use the tool, although Ive heard of people using a C-clamp, but that's about as risky as a 1 night stand with a hooker in kentucky.

i eat soup with a fork

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score

I had a 1 night stand with a hooker in kentucky :lol:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
guys on trucks used a c-clamp with the end cut off, I saw guys use 2 jaw pullers, but honestly if you can rent the proper tool rent it, if not rent the ball joint press it's a huge c clamp and very tough.

I'd be more worried about getting them things loose from the keys and control arms then unloading the bar lol.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have an Auto zone by you when you rent the tool you pay $X.xx and when you return the tool you get ALL your $$$ back... so its free-ish

Charby

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea we have part source up the street ill do it for shure im doing the front of my rcx friday night/ saterday, i did the rear tonight

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
If you have an Auto zone by you when you rent the tool you pay $X.xx and when you return the tool you get ALL your $$$ back... so its free-ish

I just tried to rent an unloading tool from every parts store in Tucson. NO ONE had one at all, so I used a very large C clamp. Worked for me but I'm going to invest in a ball joint press.