Remote entry, need help fast!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Hey guys, im wiring up a aftermarket keyless entry system into my truck (which doesnt have a keyless entry), and its telling me to do this, and I dont think this is right :think:

Wiring:

ECU wiring:

Blue wire- Connect to door unlock (-) / Lock (+)
Green wire - Connect to Lock (-) / Unlock (+)

It looks exactly like that. wouldnt wiring a wiring a positive and negative wire into a single wire short everything out?! i need help ASAP. this is all i have left to do.. :banghead:

The Collector

Reaction score
Do not hook it like. You need a door lock inverter changes the out puts. U will fry your system doing that

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The wire can be + or - depending on the input wire . That is how it was on my viper keyless entry there should be one wire before the built in switch and one after. if the imput is + the output will be + and vise versa

TXDIRT67

Reaction score
Blue wire- Connect to door unlock (-) / Lock (+)
Green wire - Connect to Lock (-) / Unlock (+)

Basically it's saying to find the wire that is (-) when you hit the unlock button on the switch and connect it to blue, then the green wire should go to the wire that shows (-) when you hit the lock button (ie. the other wire on the solenoid). The polarity will switch between lock and unlock.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i take it you have factory power locks?

you need a 5 wire setup for this install. you need 2x 5 wire relays preferably with sockets. and some wire

remove the kick panel on the drivers sife and find the harness running to the door. i had to rermove the boor boot and take them out trough there. there should be a plug there you want to do your taps on the truck side of the plug.

looking it up your wires are:

lock light blue
unlock Black/White or Black/Red

cut both of these wires. use a testlight that shows both hot and ground. going to the wires you cut go to the side that is coming from the switch. test the wire wile hitting the lock button. one should show hot fror lock and the other will show hot for unlock. the oposit wire will be ground when you hit the button.

take these wires and add wire to them long enough to reach the relays.

onto the relay conect both 87 and 86 pins to hot all the time power. connect pins 87a to the wires coming fron the switch one to each relay one lock one unlock. now connect pin 30 to the wires going to the the "motor" make sure you put the lock and unlock to the same relay as the corosponding wire as the switch. the final step is to take the alarm wires and hool them to the relays. looking at what you posted green to lock and blue to unlock.

that should be how you need to do it. i just did mine on saturday but mine is a 95 with keyless. if you can not picture this look up keyless entry 5 wire on google. also make sure you fuse the hot going to the relays with the approeat fuse. i used a 15a